Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Rewind - Hotel Baggerly


Little Moments Like This


I'm linking up with Tami for Weekend Rewind!

We enjoyed a WONDERFUL weekend with our good friends Amanda and Holland!  I met Amanda in college and she was my maid of honor in our wedding.

Friday

They came to meet and love on Evan for the weekend.   On Friday we enjoyed just hanging out, eating homemade lasagna (wish I could say I made it myself), and playing Phase 10.  Have you ever played Phase 10?  It takes FOREVER!  We ended up not even finishing the game and it was already 1:00am.  Needless to say, we ended up sleeping in the next morning until after 10:00am.  It was heavenly!
Me, Amanda, and Evan


Saturday

On Saturday we took Amanda and Holland to tour our future home!  We are currently building a home near where we work and they were able to get the grand tour.  Afterwards we went to a very late lunch at Spoons, a restaurant in downtown McKinney.  Evan did so well in the restaurant!  He started to cry at first, but after giving him a bottle he fell right asleep.



Later we made dinner and played Cranium.  We ended up having another late night.

First family photo in front of our house

Love this sleeping baby!

Sunday

The next morning was a late one and then we ate at one of my FAVORITE places, Cafe Brazil.  Evan did well there too!  Matt and I are definitely becoming more confident with taking a newborn out and about.  We have decided that we will stick to bringing bottles with us when we go out and about.  It's so much easier than attempting to nurse in public.  I might reconsider when Evan gets a little bit older and we become old pros at the entire process.  Did any other moms out there have difficulties nursing in public?  Did you stick to bottles when out and about or did you conquer nursing outside of the world of a comfy boppy?


Check out Evan's face. He is so confused!


Joey gets some extra attention.

I loved more than anything having Amanda and Holland in town.  I always laugh so hard when I am around Amanda.  Holland and Matt say that our laughs become much, much louder when we are around each other.  We just say that it seems like that because we laugh so much more when we are together.  I do wish we lived closer to them, but that just makes our time together so much sweeter.

We ended the weekend with attending a birthday party for our good friend's daughter.  She turned 1 recently!  I wish I had taken pictures, but I totally forgot.

Overall it was a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a fun weekend. I'm glad you're learning to get out with Evan.

Meagan said...

I had no problem nursing, but I never tried in public. We always took bottles and lots of water and formula. You will get use to it without the boppy in a few weeks but I never felt comfortable in public doing it. Family bathrooms are great because they are a safe haven for nursing moms.

emily aka ellie said...

I am glad yall had a great weekend although I am still super jealous. I can't wait to come up there. Nursing in public takes practice and confidence both will come in time. Oh, and having the right equipment (I am talking tank tops not boobs). :)

Tami said...

Thanks so much for linking up Allison! Evan is just precious! I hated nursing in public at first but when we moved I had to do it in the airport and the plane so I got a little more comfortable with it. That being said, I still pumped and brought bottles most of the time because it was just easier. Otherwise I would usually go in the bathroom to nurse which is not the most pleasant! So glad you guys had great weekend!

Claire Elizabeth said...

You're a champ! I didn't even start getting out with Jack until almost six weeks. And, yes, I told you bottles out are much, much easier. :-)