I haven't been so great at blogging lately. Instead of giving a list of excuses that aren't good excuses at all, I'll just give some highlights of our October.
Gaga (Grandma) came to visit for our first cold weather weekend. We cooked, played, and went to the pumpkin patch!
Amongst many football games, band concerts, and Cowboys games, we found time for the State fair. This was my first time ever attending and Evan's first time as well.
Evan rode one ride. About 3/4 of the way through he was done and ready to be O-U-T. At least he enjoyed himself for a little bit.
On Halloween Eve we finally decided to break out the pumpkins and get our carving on. I wish I could say it was a success. Instead we ended up with a toddler who wanted NOTHING to do with the pumpkin guts, and a mama who spent 30 minutes crafting an Elmo pumpkin that just fell apart. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
Halloween night was a grand success. Our good friends came over and the firefighter and princess had a blast!
Overall I'm going to call the month of October a success. We definitely had our downs, but I am willing to say that our happy times made up for anything else we went through. Thank goodness for good family and kind friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment