Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Visit from Grandma

If you were to ask me one thing I could change about my life, I would say that I want to live closer to my mom and dad.  They live a frustratingly 5 hours away from us which makes for a nice long drive for a simple weekend visit.  I know that it could be worse, but if I could have my way then I would pick up my house, my school, all my friends, and my town and move them directly next to my mom's city.  Since I cannot do that, I have learned to truly treasure the weekends that we do get to spend together.  This past weekend was one of those weekends that I cherish.

My mom arrived around 5:30 on Friday.  A few of my friends came over and we walked to the town's football game.  I love the games because the entire town goes out, it's loud, and a great chance to see anyone and everyone.  Evan did not agree.  He hated it!  The loud noises, cheering fans, and new sights were just too much for this tired boy to handle.  Needless to say, I am wondering if we should return next weekend.

On Saturday we finally went to McKinney's Farmer's Market!  I've been wanting to go FOREVER but things just kept getting in the way.  I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to take Matt.








We picked out lots of fruits and veggies to enjoy...as well as one of those tasty watermelons that you see below.




Evan had more pressing priorities during this adventure.




He missed out on the cute petting zoo (not that we would have let him pet the animals even if he was awake.)


llamas 

The rest of the weekend involved cooking and Grandma's kisses!




I cannot believe that when my mom sees this baby next he will be almost 8 months old!

1 comment:

Nita Crow said...

Damn, I am sitting here bawling. I so wish you all lived closer. I want my Evan to know me too. Thanks for a fabulous weekend with your mom...she loved every minute. Love you sweet Allison.